Why is security risk assessment vital? There are millions of potential threats from terrorism, insiders wishing to cause harm, theft or coercion by organised crime and many more. Security risks can cost billions of dollars’ worth of damages to companies that are unprepared.
Without mitigation strategies in place, your organisation stands vulnerable to any number of these risks. This begs the question, how much risk can your organisation tolerate?
This course will provide your organisation’s senior management with the ability to explore a range of frameworks for conducting security risk assessments and suggests a number of resources to obtain further information and assistance.
It will also provide you with tools, templates and applications that can simplify and add efficiencies to security risk management for your organisation.
Benefits of our Security Risk Assessment
- Having the knowledge, skill and practical experience through scenarios and workshops to be able to prepare for and complete a security risk assessment for your organisation leveraging rigorous and tested approaches
- Access to best practice policies, procedures, tools and templates to enhance your skills and abilities when conducting security risk assessments for your organisation.
Who Should Attend
- Security Managers
- Risk Managers
- Facility Managers
- Security Executives, Security Advisors and Security Officers
Security Risk Assessment Course Outline
Upon completing this course, students will have competency in:
- Defining the Risk Assessment – Establishing terms of reference and assessment criteria, and determining a thorough action plan and structure for the assessment.
- Risk Review – Accurately reviewing and preparing risk assessment findings in a format suitable for presentation
- Threat and Vulnerability – Assessing threat, consequence and vulnerability of each asset against agreed terms of reference and assessment criteria, and determining risk potential through analysis of valid and relevant data.
- Research and Preparation – Obtaining information from a range of sources and consultative processes to ensure an accurate understanding of the operating environment and core business operations.
- Preparing Your Findings – Accurately reviewing and preparing assessment findings in a format suitable for presentation.
- Analysing Risks – Analysing consequences of potential or existing threats, and measuring and determining their criticality to client operations.
- Mitigation Strategy Development – Identifying appropriate contingency requirements by an accurate assessment of all factors.
- Threat Actor Analysis – Identifying causes and sources of potential or existing threats, and assessing the level, likelihood and impact of such threats on the basis of valid and verifiable information using agreed assessment criteria, techniques and processes.
- Threat Impact – Obtaining information from a range of sources and consultative processes to ensure an accurate understanding of the threats to the operational environment and core business operations of the client.
- Asset Identification – Obtaining and using information from a range of sources and consultative processes to develop an accurate listing of assets in compliance with the client, organisational and legislative requirements.
- Asset Rating – Accurately evaluating and confirming status, market value and vulnerability of assets using valid and reliable evidence in compliance with relevant standards.
- Presenting Information and Findings – Using effective communication skills to obtain information and present information and reports.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Clarify the scope and terms of reference of the risk assessment and defines the internal, external and security context.
- Identify and assess your organisation’s assets based on their criticality and identify and rate threat factors based on their capability to exploit vulnerabilities.
- Rate the likelihood and consequence of identified risk with relation to existing security controls and whether additional controls need to be implemented.
- Understanding of the tools and templates that can be used to assist in creating your risk assessment and aid in the development of mitigating strategies.
- Producing a security risk assessment through workshop sessions and creating a review schedule to ensure that risks are revisited as required.
Teaching Strategies & Approach to Learning
This course will provide senior management with the knowledge, skills and practical experience to prepare a security risk assessment for your organisation with the use of real-world examples of current threats and security incidents.
These examples will be provided through the use of case studies, audio-visual snippets, quizzes, practical scenarios and workshops and will offer best practice policies, procedures and templates to ensure a thorough and complete risk assessment can be produced.
Location or delivery mechanisms – This program will be delivered as an instructor-led course for all organisation staff, either in-house or at a pre-determined location.
Duration – The course will take approximately 2 days to complete depending on the complexities of your organisation.
Assessment – Although this training package is not a pass/fail it is suggested that participants complete all questionnaires to their fullest potential to ensure that they get the most benefit for themselves and the company.
Course registration – You can register for this course by calling Agilient on 1300 341 692 or emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org.