There is a myriad of threats to an organisation including terrorism, criminal threat and insider threat. Some of these threats are targeted, some opportunistic and some accidental, yet all which can result in $100,000 to over a $1 billion in costs to your organisation each year.
When it comes to security threats, you cannot prepare strategies against them if you are not aware of who and/or what they are.
This course will provide your organisation’s senior management with the knowledge, skill and practical experience they need to identify and manage threats through the security threat assessment process.
- Having the knowledge, skill and practical experience through scenarios and workshops to conduct a security threat assessment for your organisation leveraging the guidance of Agilient’s experienced trainers.
- Access to best practice information sources, policies, procedures and templates to enhance your skills and abilities when conducting internal security threat assessments for your organisation.
Who Should Attend
- Organisational Executives
- Security Managers and Advisors
- Business Area Managers and Supervisors
Participants will be guided through the following topic areas:
- State and Federal Legislation – Knowing which legislation governs the requirement to conduct threat assessment/audits and the frequency with which this needs to occur.
- Defining Threat – Providing an understanding of what threat is, in relation to your organisations work environment.
- Categories of Threat – Knowing the two broad categories of threat and understanding all the sub-categories that fall within each main area.
- Identifying Threat Levels – Understanding how to quantify a threat through understanding the sources capability and intent.
- Importance of Historical Trends – Having an understanding of how previous threats assist in identifying current threats and how the past trends can help predict future trends.
- Useful Tools and Templates – Creating awareness of tools and templates that are available to assist in the creation of security threat assessments.
- Practical Scenario Training – Using real-world scenarios to enhance your ability to identify threat sources and threat acts which can be used in threat assessments.
- Threat Assessment Workshopping – Workshopping a security threat assessment for your organisation with the guidance of highly experienced security risk professionals.
- Incident Reporting – Understanding what information in an incident report is relevant to a security threat assessment.
- Security Awareness Training – Being aware of the importance of annual security awareness training and how it assists in maintaining a clear understanding of current threats.
Student Learning Outcomes
After this course, you will be able to:
- Explain which state and federal legislation governs your requirement to conduct threat audits and assessments.
- Define what a threat is, how to categorise it and explain how to quantify the threat levels.
- Understand the importance of researching historical threat trends when determining the threats for your security threat assessment.
- Practically apply the skills and knowledge into the development of an internal security threat assessment.
- Explain the importance of annual security training and how it helps to maintain the required level of detail in incident reporting to aid in the conduct of your own safety threat assessment.
Teaching Strategies & Approaches to Learning
This course will provide senior management with the knowledge, skills and practical experience to conduct a security threat assessment for your organisation with the use real-world examples of current threats and security incidents.
These examples will be provided through the use of case studies, audio-visual snippets, quizzes, practical scenarios and workshops, and will offer best practice policies, procedures and templates for ensuring a comprehensive understanding of security threat assessments.
Location or delivery mechanisms – This program will be delivered as an instructor-led course for your organisation’s senior management team either in-house or at a pre-determined location.
Duration – The course will take approximately 4 to 8 hours to complete depending on the number of threats associated with the industry.
Assessment – Although this training package is not a pass/fail it is suggested that participants complete all questionnaires to their fullest potential to ensure that they get the most benefit for themselves and the company.
Course registration – Register for this course by calling Agilient on 1300 341 692 or emailing us on email@example.com.