Having a well defined and robust protective security strategy is critical for any organisation that seeks to safeguard their assets, systems and people.
Organisations that lack a formal enterprise protective security strategy more often than not make intuitive decisions rather than informed ones. Thus they spend more than they should on strategies that don’t work and routinely fail to identify potentially serious security threats, vulnerabilities and risks within their organisation.
Based on Agilient’s experience working in high-end security environments (such as defence, government and critical infrastructure) our focus is to mitigate security risks through a strong governance framework that looks at an organisation as a whole. This governance framework is integrated into the broader enterprise risk management system and actively supports the overall achievement of organisational objectives.
Additionally, Agilient understands that in many cases security needs to be configured for stand-alone projects, and has acquired significant experience servicing this need as well security at the enterprise level.
Agilient can also assist in building a managed security strategy that addresses an organisation’s holistic security risk profile.
Click on the plus (+) symbol on each each of the sections below to get an overview of our offerings related to protective security.
Security Governance and Strategy
- Setting security objectives and goals.
- Identifying and quantifying the value of critical business assets.
- Identifying critical security roles and responsibilities.
- Developing security frameworks, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Assisting with security change and cultural management.
- Developing security incident reporting and response capabilities.
- Developing and testing security command and control structures.
- Creating and implementing security monitoring and reporting systems.
- Continual improvement systems for protective security.
- Providing security training.
Security Risk Assessments and Plans
- Developing and Implementing organisational threat and risk management frameworks.
- Identifying the organisations' risk appetite.
- Identifying the organisational internal, external and security context.
- Conducting security threat assessments.
- Conducting enterprise security risk assessments.
- Conducting facility security risk assessments.
- Conducting staff security risk assessments.
- Conducting project security risk assessments.
Physical Security for Facilities, Buildings, Events and Venues
- Conducting technical security control assessments.
- Implementing the principles of security zones and layers.
- Implementing the principles of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED).
- Designing and implementing access control systems.
- Designing and implementing CCTV systems.
- Designing and implementing alarms and monitoring systems.
- Designing and implementing biometric systems and data analytics.
- Managing, reviewing and optimising for efficiency guarding workforces.
- Emergency, crisis management and continuity systems.
Managing the Security of Staff, Contractors and Third-Party Service Providers
- Embedding security requirements in contracts for third-party service agreements.
- Embedding security in outsourced service provider agreements.
- Assisting with embedding security requirements in the procurement process.
- Conducting personnel security risk assessments.
- Assisting with staff screening practices.
- Assisting Human Resources with managing ongoing staff and contractor suitability.
- Auditing the security systems of third-party service providers.
Security Compliance Assessments
- Identifying security requirements embedded in legislation relevant to the organisation.
- Identifying relevant government policies that need to be complied with such as the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and the Information Security Manual (ISM).
- Identifying and implementing security standards relevant to the organisation.
- Developing security compliance management systems.
- Embedding security compliance requirements in staff, contractors and third-party contracts.
- Conducting security compliance assessments.
Executive and Staff Protection
- Managing the security of organisational functions such as annual general meetings and executive retreats.
- Providing executive protection services at home, at work and when travelling.
- Protecting staff from workplace aggression.
- Organising travel security.
- Training in handling aggressive customers, de-escalation and personal protection.
- Managing the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information.
- Developing and implementing information classification systems.
- Developing information security policies and procedures.
- Implementing and maintaining protective data security plans.
- Preventing data breaches.
- Assisting with the development of systems associated with the mandatory reporting of data breaches.
- Developing information sharing policies and procedures.
- Developing risk-based auditing priorities and practices.
- Auditing security management systems and technical controls.
- Monitoring and measuring protective security practices within the organisation.
- Auditing and reporting on compliance to standards and regulatory requirements.
- Developing audit based scorecards related to the performance of the organisations security management system.