Crisis management comprises of actions to prevent the causes of an imminent hazard, and/or mitigate the consequences of destabilising or disruptive events and to assist in recovery. These events include natural disasters, terrorist threats, IT security incidents or an industrial fire disrupting the product chain.
The main services Agilient offers in relation to crisis management are:
- The development of initial emergency response policy, process and plans designed to ensure that immediately following a crisis staff and other stakeholders are safe and immediate hazards eliminated.
- The design and establishment of warning, alerting and activation of incident response
systems and processes.
- The design and testing of command and control, information, coordination and cooperation
frameworks and systems.
- Plans for the effective management of communication within the organisation and with
external bodies such as media outlets.
- Business Continuity Management (BCM) planning and testing.
- IT Disaster Recovery Planning (ITDRP) and testing.
In undertaking this work, Agilient uses the following standards.
AS 3745, Planning for emergencies in facilities;
- ISO 31000, Risk management – Principles and guidelines;
- ISO 22301 Societal security – Business continuity management systems – Requirements;
- ISO 22320, Societal security – Emergency management – Requirements for incident response;
- ISO 22325, provides guidelines for an organization in assessing its emergency management capability;
- ISO 22323, Organizational resilience management systems – Requirements with guidance for use;
- ISO 22325, Societal security – Guidelines for emergency capability assessment for organizations;
- ISO 22351, Societal security – Emergency management – Shared situation awareness;
- ISO 22397, Societal security – Public Private Partnership – Guidelines to set up partnership agreements;
- ISO 22315, Societal security – Mass evacuation; and
- ISO/IEC 27031, Information technology – Security techniques – Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity.