Business Continuity, IT Disaster Recovery & Business Resilience Consultant
Michael is an experienced business resilience management professional specialising in disciplines: Business Continuity, IT Disaster Recovery and IT Service Continuity Management.
Michael has over 17 years of experience engaging clients at all levels including the executive level to drive, lead, design, develop, implement and test appropriate BCM, IT DR and/or IT SC strategies to satisfy the organisation’s risk, emergency, crisis, security, audit, governance, compliance, and ITIL management objectives.
Michael has worked across many industry sectors, complimenting his extensive IT Services Delivery experience. His experience includes:
- Designing and developing BCM and IT DR/SC strategies including related Policies and Standards
- Global experience travelling and engaging in different country operations including Austria, South Africa, Japan, Pakistan, New Zealand, PNG and Malaysia
- Extensive testing experience to validate all plans
- Understanding of technologies such as Windows, Linux, SAN’s/NAS’s, Cloud(Azure), Backup/Replication, Virtualisation, Citrix/XenApp, Networks, Databases, Middleware, SAP, CRM, Call/Contact Centre, Data Centres, that are pivotal for organisations to be resilient in the event of a disaster or a major outage
- Vendor Independent consulting providing a neutral approach to the organisation’s requirements
- Australian Federal Government Security Clearance
- Experience in Pandemic planning
- Understanding of global BCM standard ISO 22301 and BCI’s Good Practice Guidelines, also IT Business Continuity Standard ISO 27301. Familiar with APRA BCM Standard, Security Standard ISO27001, Risk Management Standard ISO31000 and ITIL essentials
- Presented nationally and internationally at industry forums and conferences
- Contributed articles on BCM in Corporate Risk Magazine