Following a successful career in commercial television news media, Brett now has over 35 years’ experience delivering a myriad of tactical, strategic & technical security & safety outcomes to government, corporate, major events and private sectors alike.
Brett is a highly regarded member of the security profession delivering security risk assessments, millions of security man-hours, industry accredited training and state-of-the-art security technologies across many Australian jurisdictions.
In addition to this, Brett is a competent trainer in security, safety and risk management, having previously taught security operations, risk management, counter-terrorism awareness, conflict resolution, first aid, and corporate and executive protection techniques.
During his career, Brett has partaken in the following events, providing a range of specialist threat and risk management services:
- Delivery of security services to numerous high profile government departments and agencies
- Delivery of all security services nationally to major retail groups
- Exclusive long-term security contract to Museums Victoria
- Extensive experience in tertiary education facilities including campus and Student Union activities.
- Long-term contracts to major sporting facilities and event including Melbourne and Victoria Racing Clubs, Australian Grand Prix Corporation.
- Extensive planning and coordination of Executive Protection arrangements for many visiting entertainment personalities
- Planning and implementation of key security operations for high profile special events involving local and international heads of state.
- Planning and coordination of crowd safety and security operations at key major community events via local government
- Long-term provider of In-house security personnel to numerous 4-5 star hotels
For over 30 years Brett owned and operated a highly successful security business delivering end to end security solutions including security risk consultancy services, guards, security electronics, security monitoring, mobile patrols and alarm responses before its acquisition in 2013. Since then Brett has held several senior executive roles mostly in the security technology sector.
Brett’s experience and reputation has invoked his executive membership of numerous high-level industry advisory committees including the Australasian Council of Security Professionals, Victorian Security Institute, Victorian Police Minister’s Security Industry Advisory Council, Police Counter Terrorism Taskforce (Mass Gatherings/Crowded Places) and Security Trainers Association.
Dip – Bus Mgt, Dip – Sec & Risk Mgt, Cert IV Training & Assessment, Cert III Security Operations, Registered Security Advisor, Licensed Security Investigator, Registered Security Installer. Expert Witness (Victoria).